• Show
Clear All
  • Knottscott
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2004
    • Rochester, NY.
    • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

New TS Fence w/Router Fence Attachment

Last summer I sold my router fence with my 22124, and am just now getting around to finalizing a new router fence. My new Shop Fox W1677 came with a Shop Fox Classic Fence (Biese clone). It worked as well as my Biese but I didn't like it quite as well....didn't like the thin UHMW plastic faces or the feel of the handle...mostly personal preference stuff. Anyway, a member of Woodnet was selling some Jet Exacta II fences at a pretty good price with the option of a router fence attachment that replaces the original right face and attaches right to the fence tube. I bought both pieces from him. I replaced the plywood faces that came with the router fence, and added my own tall PVC faces to the router fence. So far I'm pretty happy with both the new fence and router fence setup.

Last edited by Knottscott; 05-19-2009, 05:41 PM.
    Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.
  • Whaler
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Sequim, WA, USA.
    • DW746

That is a nice setup.
    Dick

http://www.picasaweb.google.com/rgpete2/

Comment

• LinuxRandal
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 2005
      • Independence, MO, USA.
      • bt3100

What is/was the trick to remove the sides on those fences? Thanks
      She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• Knottscott
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2004
        • Rochester, NY.
        • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

They're held on to welded pins by a slot inside the faces....you just tap with a rubber mallet from the far end toward the handle and they'll loosen right up.
        Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• poolhound
          Veteran Member
          • Mar 2006
          • Phoenix, AZ
          • BT3100

sweet looking setup, is there some option that lets you use a high fence for the router?
          Jon

Phoenix AZ - It's a dry heat

We all make mistakes and I should know I've made enough of them
          techzibits.com

Comment

• Knottscott
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2004
            • Rochester, NY.
            • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

You could rig one up pretty easily, but its currently only about 5" high.

Comment

• cgallery
              Veteran Member
              • Sep 2004
              • Milwaukee, WI
              • BT3K

Any need to clamp the opposite side of the fence when routing? I find I apply more force against the fence when routing, and even though the T-fences are sturdy, they do deflect.

Comment

• Knottscott
                Veteran Member
                • Dec 2004
                • Rochester, NY.
                • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Originally posted by cgallery
                Any need to clamp the opposite side of the fence when routing? I find I apply more force against the fence when routing, and even though the T-fences are sturdy, they do deflect.
                HHHhhhmmm....it shouldn't deflect much, but it is a 40" lever from that point. Hadn't thought about it and didn't check it but I will! More to come!

Comment

Working...