New Shop Fox W1677 3hp Saw Headin My Way!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Knottscott
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2004
    • Rochester, NY.
    • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

New Shop Fox W1677 3hp Saw Headin My Way!

I've waited a while to be able to make this gloat. This morning I ordered a new SHOP FOX® W1677 10" 3hp Left Tilt Table Saw from Utterguys. It's much like a Griz 1023SL....both companies are owned by Shiraz Balolia, and both come from the same plant in Taiwan. The Microsoft Live.com discount was at 25% Saturday, plus I had received an Ebay discount good for another 10% off one item. My savings were ~ $350. The saw was listed for a reasonable $1253 with free shipping, the discounts brought it to $903. My trusty 22124 will be going up for sale soon. The SF should arrive Friday.

I'll post pics of the real McCoy in a couple of weeks when it's all setup, but here's a file pic.

Last edited by Knottscott; 07-20-2008, 08:05 PM.
    Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.
  • SARGE..g-47

Probably very much like the 1023.. glad to see you get a big boy to spin all those blades you have on.

Comment

• sweensdv
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2002
      • WI
      • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

Atta boy Scott you deserve it. I suppose now we can all look forward to some brand new blade reviews on full kerf blades.

Comment

• Knottscott
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2004
        • Rochester, NY.
        • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

What's a full kerf blade?
        Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• garymuto
          Established Member
          • Aug 2007
          • Encinitas, CA
          • Delta Cabinet Saw

Congratulations. YOu got yourself a great deal on a nice saw.
          did you get a 30" or 50" fence?

Comment

• sparkeyjames
            Veteran Member
            • Jan 2007
            • Redford MI.
            • Craftsman 21829

Hmmm don't know what to say but YOU SUCK. Great buy.

Comment

• Knottscott
              Veteran Member
              • Dec 2004
              • Rochester, NY.
              • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Music to my ears Sparky, and a comment I "endure" with great pleasure!

The fence is 26" to the right in it's stock configuration....I'll be looking to move it to the right when I put it together, as I've grown fond of the 40" capacity I currently have.

Gary, don't you want to put this flag in your avatar or are we gonna be neighbors?
              Last edited by Knottscott; 07-20-2008, 07:43 PM.

Comment

• Ed62
                The Full Monte
                • Oct 2006
                • NW Indiana
                • BT3K

Congrats on the new toy. You are expected to make mountains of sawdust in the very near future.

Ed
                Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/

Comment

Working...