This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hose

Hitachi C10FL

Anybody have a first hand review of the Hitachi c10fl table saw, or can point me towards a published review? I am thinking that this saw will be the replacement for my dead BT3100.
    Would appreciate any help with this, Thank You.
  • brooks
    Established Member
    • May 2006

If not, consider a Bosch 4000 with the gravity rise stand (assuming you're in the market for a movable job site type of saw). That stand is a miracle and makes it truly portable.

Comment

• Knottscott
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2004
      • Rochester, NY.
      • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

I've looked over the C10FL several times and am fairly luke warm on it relative to it's class and competition. IMO it has among the worst fences in the price range, weak steel wings, and fairly weak legs. The pros are the internal motor, dust collection, and the wheels, but even the wheels are an outdated design that requires 8 individual actions to unlock and relock each wheel. The motor is overstated at 3hp also...it's a 1.5 hp induction motor much like all the others in the class.

I've also read mixed reports from owners of it. I'm sure it'll cut just fine and may satisfy you, but for a full size $500 saw, IMHO it ranks behind several other saws that are at or near the same price point. There are two Craftsman hybrids that fall near or below the same price that I think offer more advantages - model 22104 ~ $400 - $450 on sale, and the 22114 for ~ $550-$600 on sale. I'd also look into the Jet 708100 hybrid to see what it has to offer. Grizzly has a couple of contractor saws that offer the best fence and miter gauge near this price point (G0444/G0575 $564 delivered)....the fence is a good steel Biesemeyer copy. Delta has some interesting new contractor saws with a built in mobile base and several fence options that I'd look at first too...36-979/980/981/982, etc. The Ridgid 3650 has alot nice features for $550 too. These are all either more proven machines or have more proven designs to their credit, plus most have several other advantages in the fence or features.

Last edited by Knottscott; 07-22-2006, 11:13 AM.
      Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

Working...