Clear All
  • Tom Clark
    Forum Newbie
    • Jul 2007
    • Deming, NM
    • Powermatic 66 w/48" sliding table

Real Shop Tour Oct 27

North Florida

When my shop appeared in Wood Magazine's America's Best Home Workshops (page 36-45) this summer, some of you asked if you could have a shop tour in person. Since the wife and I were traveling during the summer, a tentative date was set 10/20. Due to a scheduling conflict, I've had to change the date to 10/27, (Saturday) from 12-5 PM.

Anyone interested and lives within a reasonable traveling distance is welcome. We will spend the day telling tall tales, talking woodworking and cabinet making, and just having a good time. We plan to have a good time with all, but if you have an interest in building shop cabinets to improve your shop, you will really enjoy yourself.

My shop is near Chiefland, Florida, about 35 miles west of Gainesville. Please e-mail me at tc3642@yahoo.com if you would like to come over, and I'll send you directions and my phone number.

Hope you can make it!

Tom
    Last edited by Tom Clark; 10-15-2007, 08:10 AM.
  • LarryG
    The Full Monte
    • May 2004
    • Off The Back
    • Powermatic PM2000, BT3100-1

Distance will preclude my own attendance, but I do hope you get some takers on this great offer.

Just bear in mind what we often say around here: "No pics, didn't happen."

(And video would, of course, be better yet ...)
    Larry

Comment

• jemmy
      Forum Newbie
      • Sep 2007
      • IRELAND
      • Hitachi C10RA

hello there everyone, can we see some photo`s of your great shop please, as i cant make it as i live in IRELAND and it`s to far away.
      thanks, Jemmy.

Comment

• Tom Clark
        Forum Newbie
        • Jul 2007
        • Deming, NM
        • Powermatic 66 w/48" sliding table

Photos on the site.

Hi Jemmy,

Look up my recent posts and you will see photos of my shop tour and one on building shop cabinets.

Wish you could make it, and bring a couple of barrels of Guniness with you. We had a ball in Ireland a few years ago. What fun people!

Tom

Comment

• FL Buckeye
          Established Member
          • Aug 2005
          • WC Florida and Crossville, TN
          • BT3100, Grizzly 1023SL

Just thought I would give this a "bump" as tomorrow is Tom's shop tour. He's about an hour from me and I hope to be there. And I'll probably cry all the way home. Not really. I'm a "senior", so I'll more than likely forget most of it!
          Lanny

The older you get, the better you used to be.

Comment

Working...