X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jeffrey Schronce
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2005
    • York, PA, USA.

Please send me an email through the forum to disuss how to handle insurance matters. Tooting my own horn, I am an insurance master. Years of policy and claims experience. I think I can really help you out with the process.

Note : This of course is just personal favor and I am not representing you as a public adjuster or anything. This is pretty much open to anyone who has property insurance matters in question.

Comment

• SHADOWFOX
      Veteran Member
      • May 2005
      • IL, USA.
      • DELTA 36-675

Bro,

Glad to hear everyone in your family is okay. Not sure where in Illinois you are but I am in Carpentersville, Il so let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Kind regards,
      Chris

"The first key to wisdom is constant and frequent questioning, for by doubting we are led to question and by questioning we arrive at the truth." -Pierre Abelard 11th Century philosopher.

Comment

• ironhat
        Veteran Member
        • Aug 2004
        • Chambersburg, PA (South-central).
        • Ridgid 3650 (can I still play here?)

We'll keep you folks in our prayers. There are few tings as scary as fire. I hope that you take Jeff up on his offer to make some suggestions. My friend's business suffered a $250K loss and the insurance company is walking all over him. No intent to scare - just get all the knowledge that you can so they don't try to blow smoke up your kilt.
        Blessings,
        Chiz

Comment

• Pappy
          The Full Monte
          • Dec 2002
          • San Marcos, TX, USA.
          • BT3000 (x2)

With the picture and your first post, I was assuming it was a stand alone shop. The second picture was a bit of a shocker. As a former fire fighter, I am always glad to hear everyone got to safety. Too many times it isn't the case.
          Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
          Fools because they have to say something.
          Plato

Comment

• Alex Franke
            Veteran Member
            • Feb 2007
            • Chapel Hill, NC
            • Ryobi BT3100

Whoa -- that's not at all what I expected to see when I opened this post... I'm so sorry for you. I'm glad that everyone safe and that people are pitching in to help. I can't even imagine how I would get through a thing like this...
            online at http://www.theFrankes.com
            while ( !( succeed = try() ) ) ;
            "Life is short, Art long, Occasion sudden and dangerous, Experience deceitful, and Judgment difficult." -Hippocrates

Comment

• TheRic
              • Jun 2004
              • West Central Ohio
              • bt3100

Glad too hear everyone made it safe!! Sorry to hear about the fire, not to mention the lose to the work shop. Like someone posted before now is the chance to redo the shop like you want, and get the tools you want. Got to look on the positive side!!

Take Jeff up on his offer, he is one heck of a nice guy, he won't steer you wrong!!
              Ric

Plan for the worst, hope for the best!

Comment

• Red88chevy
                Established Member
                • Sep 2004
                • Midland, Texas.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Like Doc said, you saved your family that can't be replaced, the rest can be.

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
                  The Full Monte
                  • May 2007
                  • Sunshine State
                  • BT3000

I'm speechless... That just sucks! Glad the really important stuff is OK.

Comment

• goslin23
                    Established Member
                    • Feb 2007
                    • Richmond, TX
                    • Rigid TS3650

Such a beautiful house. I'm sorry for your loss but I'm happy that the family is okay. Please keep us updated on things and let us know if there's anything we can do to help.

-=gos=-
                    If it ain't one thing... It's 12 @#$%ing things!

Comment

• lkazista
                      Established Member
                      • Jan 2004
                      • Nazareth, PA, USA.

HOLY ***T !

So Sorry, that is a tough pill to swallow. I assume that the smoke detectors woke everyone up and that is how you all got out OK. Did you need to climb out windows or could you get to the front door?

Lee

Comment

• ChrisD
                        • Dec 2004
                        • CHICAGO, IL, USA.

I know what it's like not to have what you really want, but to have your stuff taken away from you like that truly is something else.

I'm glad your family is OK.

Like the other Chris D, I am a fellow Flatlander, so if there's anything I can do, please do not hesitate to ask for help.
                        The war against inferior and overpriced furniture continues!

Chris

Comment

• Flatlander
                          Forum Newbie
                          • Dec 2005
                          • Illinois
                          • BT3100

Thank all of you for your support. For you flatlanders, I live in North Aurora. I even made it on the front page of the Daily Herald. We are still just staring the process of getting estimates on the house, and the property adjuster won't even be there until Thursday. Sounds like a total rebuild other than studs.

I'm hoping that I can get the stuff in the garage identified. The fire was so bad there, that a lot of stuff can't be identified.

I'm keeping a positive attitude, because so far the builder was more than happy to make any changes we want.

They said 6-8 months to rebuild depending on the investigation. I'm hoping to get a place with a garage that they will put us in, so I can maybe just get a lathe to play around with.

Comment

• davebil
                            Forum Newbie
                            • Mar 2004

Flatlander - I live just an hour west of you in Dixon, have been to several of the car dealerships in the North Aurora AutoMall for work. Let me know if I can be of assistance.

Comment

• gad5264
                              Veteran Member
                              • Aug 2005
                              • Columbus, Ohio, USA
                              • BT3000/BT3100NIB

Flatlander, I can't say anything that has not already been said but I am sure glad that everyone in your family is OK.
                              Grant
                              "GO Buckeyes"

My projects: http://community.webshots.com/user/gad5264

Comment

• Jeffrey Schronce
                                Veteran Member
                                • Nov 2005
                                • York, PA, USA.

Originally posted by Flatlander
                                We are still just staring the process of getting estimates on the house, and the property adjuster won't even be there until Thursday. Sounds like a total rebuild other than studs.

I'm hoping that I can get the stuff in the garage identified. The fire was so bad there, that a lot of stuff can't be identified.

I'm keeping a positive attitude, because so far the builder was more than happy to make any changes we want.

They said 6-8 months to rebuild depending on the investigation. I'm hoping to get a place with a garage that they will put us in, so I can maybe just get a lathe to play around with.
                                Wow. The adjuster will not be there until Thursday. That is really, really poor.

I would strongly recommend taking the approach of a complete rebuild removing the studs. Stud walls are cheap. It would be more expensive, take longer and yield poorer results attempting to clean and seal the studs.

Given the time of year we are dealing with, ie coming up on winter, I would think reconstruction will realistically take 8 months at a minimum, likely closer to 10 months.

Comment

Working...