Clear All
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by Kerf
    From the HD Website:

Selected as "Strongest Bag for Yard Clean Up" by Good Housekeeping on Good Morning America! THE heavy duty bag for contractor, commercial, and home use. Tear- and puncture-resistant. 42 gal., 32 count, black, 33 in. x 48 in., 3 mil.

• Selected as "Strongest Bag for Yard Clean Up" by Good Housekeeping
    • THE heavy duty bag for contractor, commercial, and home use.
    • Tear- and puncture-resistant.
    • 42 gal., 32 count, black, 33 in. x 48 in., 3 mil.

Internet/Catalog #100063659
    Store In-Stock SKU # 690969
    I guess that should work. 33" across x 2 =66" circumference; that will fit a 21" hoop, so it should fit the DC ring w/o too much excess.
    cons: opaque black - can't see how full it is. at 3 mils, thinner than the Wynn bags (4 mils) and the PSI bags (7 mils).
    pros: I guess they're much cheaper than $1 to $2 per bag.
    Last edited by LCHIEN; 03-09-2007, 07:10 PM.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• MilDoc

While on the subject: just how full do you let the bottom bag get before changing / emptying? I'm sure it affects air flow, but one time while jointing / planing way too many pieces of red cedar, the bag filled to 2" from the top! Still kept sucking up the chips tho'.

Comment

• LCHIEN
        Internet Fact Checker
        • Dec 2002
        • Katy, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by MilDoc
        While on the subject: just how full do you let the bottom bag get before changing / emptying? I'm sure it affects air flow, but one time while jointing / planing way too many pieces of red cedar, the bag filled to 2" from the top! Still kept sucking up the chips tho'.
        2/3 or maybe 3/4 full. The Jet 1100CK canister manual said 2/3 full.
        I find that it begins to suck a lot of stuff up into the top which will probably clog the pleats when it gets too full.
        Loring in Katy, TX USA
        If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
        BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• lcm1947
          Veteran Member
          • Sep 2004
          • Austin, Texas
          • BT 3100-1

I don't care which bag you use but do yourself a favor and go out and buy some weather stripping that is the same width as the bag tightening band and stick that onto the DC right where you will end up placing the top of the bag. Now clamp the tightening band exactly over it and it seals the bag 100%. I actually heard about the idea right here on the forum and thought I'd try it since no matter what I did or how many times I refastened the band it would always leak to some degree. After using the weather stripping it is 100% leak proof. One of the neatest ideas I ever took advantage of.
          May you die and go to heaven before the Devil knows you're dead. My Best, Mac

Comment

• MilDoc

Thanks Mac - good tip!

Comment

• Tom Miller
              Veteran Member
              • Mar 2003
              • Twin Cities, MN
              • BT3000 - Cuttin' it old school

Originally posted by lcm1947
              buy some weather stripping that is the same width as the bag tightening band and stick that onto the DC right where you will end up placing the top of the bag.
              Big +1 on this!

Regards,
              Tom

Comment

• jarhead
                • May 2004
                • Boynton Beach, FL.

Larry,
                I may be late with a reply, but I'll echo what others have said... don't buy Wynn bags, they are too small. I bought 10 additional bags when I ordered the filter and stopped using them after a 2nd bag. The words that came out of my mouth when I tried to put on the bag even surprised me. Since then, I bought heavy duty contractor bags from BORG and couldn't be happier... well, I could if they were see through.
                I like the weatherstripping idea since I do see a leak here-and-there.

Comment

• Jeffrey Schronce
                  Veteran Member
                  • Nov 2005
                  • York, PA, USA.

I used JDS 7 mil bags. I emptied them on the compost pile and reused them as garbage bags. My DC was overhead, thus I had to carry the heavy bag down ladder, through rafters etc. I always managed to get a tear along the way so I used them for trash.

Comment

• Kristofor
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jul 2004
                    • Twin Cities, MN
                    • Jet JTAS10 Cabinet Saw

The drum liners I use are clear plastic, but I don't see them on the HD website now... They were in the janitorial section (along with 200 other styles of garbage bags and whatnot, most of which don't seem to be on the website either).

For what it's worth, I'm not sure that clear really would matter much since the plastic telegraphs where there is material MUCH better than the felt bag I used originally with my first DC. It had a window, but somehow I'd aim it at where I planned to be working, and it would end up toward the wall or totally the other direction...

Comment

• messmaker
                      Veteran Member
                      • May 2004
                      • RICHMOND, KY, USA.
                      • Ridgid 2424

Wal-Mart sells a contractor bag that is top notch as well. I have not used the BORG model but it is much better then the Lowe's offering and cheaper as well.
                      spellling champion Lexington region 1982

Comment

Working...