• venkatbo
    Established Member
    • Jan 2006
    • Cupertino, CA, USA.

Delta 50-760 DC

Hi all,

Amazon has this 1-micron bag DC system:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...lance&n=228013
    for $317... and in the latest Fine Woodworking mag, they've rated this particular Delta model as the Best Bang For The Buck & got the Editor's Choice...

With the $50 off promo, and a price match with HD price ($300), this should be ~$250 just ~$30 higher than retrofitting the HF model with a 1 micron bag.

Do you think the Delta DC is a good comparative deal :?)

Thanks,
    /venkat
  • Tom Hintz
    • Feb 2004
    • Concord, NC, USA.

I have been using the 50-760 for well over a year and am very happy with it. The 1 micron filtering has made a huge difference in my shop since replacing my "bargain" DC that apparently was best at launching the fine dust into the air.
    I have a reivew of the 50-760 at the link below with p0hotos and more on the details if that would help.

http://www.newwoodworker.com/reviews/d50-760rvu.html
    Tom Hintz
    NewWoodworker.com LLC

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by venkatbo
      Hi all,

Amazon has this 1-micron bag DC system:
      http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...lance&n=228013
      for $317... and in the latest Fine Woodworking mag, they've rated this particular Delta model as the Best Bang For The Buck & got the Editor's Choice...

With the $50 off promo, and a price match with HD price ($300), this should be ~$250 just ~$30 higher than retrofitting the HF model with a 1 micron bag.

Do you think the Delta DC is a good comparative deal :?)

Thanks,
      /venkat
      Somethings fishy about that FWW review. The higher capacity 1.5 HP Delta DC was rated as moving less air than the Delta 1 HP DC. It MIGHT be true but sure sounds fishy. I wonder if it was an aberration or a outright measurement error (Adapter fitting size since there were a bunch of 5" and 6" inlets mixxed in this review.)
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• just4funsies
        • Dec 2005
        • Florida.
        • BT3000

I think the $50-off deal at Amazon is over. Right now, they have a 10%-off "tool days" promotion, which brings the price down from $318 to $286. They refuse to "price match" HD's $299 and THEN take the 10% off (that would have made it $269), because 10% off their regular price already beats HD. Also, Amazon is currently back-ordered on this unit, as are many of the online outlets.
        Last edited by just4funsies; 03-07-2006, 09:26 AM.
        ...eight, nine, TEN! Yep! Still got all my fingers!

Comment

• Turaj
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2002
          • Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
          • BT3000 (1998)

I have had one of those for the last 8 months and I am very happy with it! Tom's review is right on and was a big help with my decision. Make sure you take a look at it.

Keep in mind that this is rather tall DC. If your shop is in the basement (like mine) then check for height clearance! The upper bag is huge!!!
          Turaj (in Toronto)
          "When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading!" Henny Youngman

Comment

• beep
            Forum Newbie
            • Jun 2003
            • Renton, WA.

I picked one up last year and am enjoying the cleaner environment. Much better than running a ShopVac. I also compared the price to that of converting the HF DC and it's close to the same price, give or take some. I figure I wouldn't have to worry about ordering and shipping and the whole conversion process.
            Evan.

Comment

Working...