This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spence524

Extension rails for BT3100

Hello all, i am proud to say i am the new owner of a BT3100, purchased from HD for $299 USD, and an 8 pc. accessory kit $89 USD (got 10 bucks off because th epackage was opened). i want to first say thanks to all who have posted gtreat information and personal stories about their experiences. this website helped me make my decision. i can go on and on for paragraphs telling how great this saw is, but you all know, and there are dozens of threads already saying the same thing. i am mainly interested in rail extensions so that i might construct a table extension cabinet. i saw a few posts on her, but were from 2 years ago. does anyone know where i can find such an accessory, thanks...S
  • beetee3
    Established Member
    • Feb 2005
    • The Sunshine State

Take a look over in the Member Classifieds forum. You don't need to specifically buy "rail extensions" - just get a set of stock rails from a parted out saw, then figure out the hardware for joining them to your existing rails.

Comment

• monte
      Forum Windbag
      • Dec 2002
      • Paw Paw, MI, USA.
      • GI 50-185M

You can make your own connection hardware using some 1/4" flat stock and some T-Nuts with matching bolts.
      Monte (another darksider)
      Reporting Live from somewhere near Kalamazoo

http://community.webshots.com/user/monte49002

Comment

• maxparot
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2004
        • Mesa, Arizona, USA.
        • BT3100 w/ wide table kit

You can order the "Wide Table Kit" from Home Depot.
        Opinions are like gas;
        I don't mind hearing it, but keep it to yourself if it stinks.

Comment

• spence524

i could not find anything on HD online, and apparently this wide table kit is supposed to be rare???

Comment

• maxparot
            Veteran Member
            • Jan 2004
            • Mesa, Arizona, USA.
            • BT3100 w/ wide table kit

The kit is not rare at all. It needs to be order from the special services desk at a home depot. It isn't available from HD online.
            Opinions are like gas;
            I don't mind hearing it, but keep it to yourself if it stinks.

Comment

• ezland00
              Forum Newbie
              • Feb 2006

how much is the wide table kit??

I saw a DIY wide table, i think its on this website, the extended table was purple. anyone saw that article?

Comment

• Derrick
                Established Member
                • Jul 2005
                • Kansas City
                • BT3100

I think your asking about my purple rails. EZ

I had them pictured in the shop forum under (a different kind of rail extension). I think the pics might have gotten lost but I can repost them if you like. It is really pretty easy to make. You basically just build an H-frame and attach to the bottom rail slots with t-nuts from T-nuts.com. They are only a little over a buck a piece and another buck and a half for shipping. You can make the frame out of any material you like. Sorry I don't have the pics on my current PC

Comment

• JimD
                  Veteran Member
                  • Feb 2003
                  • Lexington, SC.

I got a wide table kit for my BT3100 before there was a kit made specifically for the BT3100. It thus has the BT3000 rails. Works fine. Cost about $80 from Home Depot. They had to look for awhile to figure out how to order it but I waited and it got done. It may help to go before the people who work during the day during the week go home. The personnel that work nights and weekends are typically not the most experienced people they have.

Jim

Comment

• ezland00
                    Forum Newbie
                    • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Derrick
                    I had them pictured in the shop forum under (a different kind of rail extension). I think the pics might have gotten lost but I can repost them if you like. It is really pretty easy to make. You basically just build an H-frame and attach to the bottom rail slots with t-nuts from T-nuts.com. They are only a little over a buck a piece and another buck and a half for shipping. You can make the frame out of any material you like. Sorry I don't have the pics on my current PC

I couldn't find the page. can you post the link 4 me

thank you

Comment

• mdutch
                      Established Member
                      • Nov 2005
                      • Dallas, TX, USA.

Originally posted by maxparot
                      The kit is not rare at all. It needs to be order from the special services desk at a home depot. It isn't available from HD online.
                      If you don't want to spend your money at HD (the local one here quoted me $119!!!!) go to Sears and get it for $80something. It came to $98 delivered to my office within ten days.
                      Dutch·man Pronunciation (dchmn)n.
                      3. Something used to conceal faulty construction.
                      Another DFW BT3'er!

Comment

• LCHIEN
                        Internet Fact Checker
                        • Dec 2002
                        • Katy, TX, USA.
                        • BT3000 vintage 1999

sounds like you really need to read the FAQ article on the rails.
                        Look at the first thread under getting started. The discussion there
                        has a link to the FAQ.
                        Loring in Katy, TX USA
                        If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
                        BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• ejs1097
                          Established Member
                          • Mar 2005
                          • Pittsburgh, PA, USA.

Originally posted by LCHIEN
                          sounds like you really need to read the FAQ article on the rails.
                          Look at the first thread under getting started. The discussion there
                          has a link to the FAQ.
                          I wanted to see how others connected to sets of rails together as well. The FAQ document has a link to the Rod Kirdy Method however it does not go to a active page.
                          Eric
                          Be Kind Online

Comment

• LCHIEN
                            Internet Fact Checker
                            • Dec 2002
                            • Katy, TX, USA.
                            • BT3000 vintage 1999

the Ryobi part numbers are posted for both the BT3000 and the BT3100 wide table kits in the FAQ (Link to this is in the first thread under "Getting STarted"). Also it tells you how to order Ryobi parts thru HD: go to the special orders desk and be persistent.
                            Loring in Katy, TX USA
                            If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
                            BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

Working...