• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

It may not have been a Ryobi decision to kill the BT3.
    Home Despot has the sole USA distributor rights for Ryobi tools, so it could be surmised that either Ryobi did not offer, or HD refused to carry any more after having carried it for years. Could it be that HD thought the market was saturated over the years, or maybe it competed with the Ridgid contactor saw they also sold, or that their sales guys thought it was too hard to display or for the salesman to sell, and or caused too much confusion. Certainly I think it took more saavy to sell than most of their sales force possessed. The conventional saws more or less sold themselves.

As for Ryobi, I think they would have continued to sell it if HD wanted it. They are currently offering them in Australia in a 220V version, where they are free of the HD restriction.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• IWannabe
      Forum Newbie
      • Feb 2006
      • MD

Originally posted by vaking
      The only person who wants it is a woodworking hobbyist with aspirations (and hopefully skills) to make fine furniture. Hobbyist is a person who does not have a revenue stream dependent on this saw so he will not pay big money for a hobby and the profit margin is not high. The demand is also not very high - how many hobbyists do you think there are that need accuracy of cabinetmaker saw? Low margin and low demand spells disaster for the manufacturer.
      This is my first and only table saw purchased 5 years ago. I've used it now and then to work on the house and have found it adequate for the purpose. Though I'd love to buy the higher end model saws, the lack of room, high price point and less than stellar forums on the other models make it an easy choice. (Hey this is a great forum! hence the reason why I picked up the BT3) FWIW

Comment

Working...