Delta 6" bench top jointer, $80.00. Spring TX.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

Delta 6" bench top jointer, $80.00. Spring TX.

Not mine of course, but I stumbled across a CL post that might interest those in the Houston area that are looking for a bench top jointer...
    http://houston.craigslist.org/tls/2377568774.html
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.
  • mcpheezy

I was thinking about picking one of these up for my small garage workshop. Is $80 a fair price? I don't think a whole lot of people like these benchtop jointers.

Comment

• dbhost
      Slow and steady
      • Apr 2008
      • League City, Texas
      • Ryobi BT3100

They are great if you are really space limited. If you have the space, a floor model jointer is a FAR better option...

FWIW, if I had the space, I would MUCH rather have the Harbor Freight 6" floor model jointer, than the Delta I linked to... But I don't so I own a bench top jointer...

$80.00 is a pretty fair price for it as long as nothing is wrong with it...
      Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• sweensdv
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2002
        • WI
        • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

$80 is pretty average price for a used Delta or Craftsman benchtop jointer. On CL aruond here, I've seen ones in good shape go for as low as $50 and also some from people who think their's are gold plated.

Comment

• mcpheezy

Thanks guys. I am slowly a few tools at a time as they come up. haha

Comment

• dbhost
            Slow and steady
            • Apr 2008
            • League City, Texas
            • Ryobi BT3100

At least in the Houston market, $80.00 doesn't buy much in the way of jointers of any type, except for those old Craftsman 6" floor models. Or 4" jointers of course. 6" is narrow enough, I wouldn't give a 4" jointer the time of day. I have considered a Craftsman floor model though...

Now let's say I were able to figure out how to fit a floor model jointer in my shop. Yes I would put my jointer on the used market. Sunhill SM-150B, complete with a spare set of knives. I would most likely be asking $125.00 for the whole thing, but would consider less... And it is possible that I might just end up doing that. Like I said, I would have to figure out a way to fit a floor model jointer in, and then get said jointer before I put the bench top on the market...

Comment

• LCHIEN
              Internet Fact Checker
              • Dec 2002
              • Katy, TX, USA.
              • BT3000 vintage 1999

i think $80 is a fair price if you can deal with the limited capacity - good for boxes and small items. I had one (Dave B has it now) and it did a fairly good job but I eventually got a DElta floor model for the longer capacity. OTOH it is fairly portable - good for limited shop space.

I had to make a vac hose fitting contraption - otherwise it just dumps the cuttings out a chute onto the floor. Worked OK, still have that Dave?
              Loring in Katy, TX USA
              If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
              BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• woodinville guy
                Established Member
                • Sep 2003
                • Cedar Park, TX

I just sold one for $125 so it is fair if it is in good condition with sharp blades.
                - Dave

Comment

Working...