• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Santa Clarita Len
    Established Member
    • Feb 2006
    • Santa Clarita Calif.
    • Bt3000 and Dewalt radial arm saw

I called the 800 number and after giving them my name, address, phone number, etc. I was told that each store manager made their own decision about clearance pricing. I talked to the managers at two stores and neither would budge.

Comment

• mcpheezy

Anybody noticed any price drops in Houston? I am keeping my eyes open.

Comment

• BigguyZ
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 2006
        • Minneapolis, MN
        • Craftsman, older type w/ cast iron top

I went to my local HD and got their last BS. $98 after tax!!! Took about 15 minutes for the manager on duty to call the manager in NY, but he honored their price.

I have a grizzley already, but a few things are a little off. I don't really have room for two BS's, so I'm trying to decide what to do. Maybe I could keep both, but I don't think so.

Comment

• tommyt654
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 2008

Keep the Griz,Way too many problems with the Ridgid besides being underpowered. Lots of folks havin problems with unbalanced wheels ,motor vibration, poor stand, lousy guide system. I bought one almost 2 yrs ago for about $150 and had to spend way more than necessary to get it to work and even then it was not that good of a bandsaw. The Griz or Delta are much better IMO and require much less tuning to get them right. While this is an OK price by the time you invest money to get it running well enough you might as well have purchased a new Griz and have a better saw in the beginning to work with IMO

Comment

• Dolsie
            Forum Newbie
            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by BigguyZ
            I went to my local HD and got their last BS. $98 after tax!!! Took about 15 minutes for the manager on duty to call the manager in NY, but he honored their price.

I have a grizzley already, but a few things are a little off. I don't really have room for two BS's, so I'm trying to decide what to do. Maybe I could keep both, but I don't think so.
            Would you be willing to post your receipt? Having one sell locally at that price might help me talk a manager into it.

Thanks!

Comment

• natausch
              Established Member
              • Aug 2009
              • Aurora, IL
              • BT3000 - 15A

Enjoy your new toys, was a great feeling last year when I picked up the Band Saw, Drill Press, Jointer and R4511 TS during the last round of closeouts.

Comment

• BigguyZ
                Veteran Member
                • Jul 2006
                • Minneapolis, MN
                • Craftsman, older type w/ cast iron top

Originally posted by Dolsie
                Would you be willing to post your receipt? Having one sell locally at that price might help me talk a manager into it.

Thanks!
                Sure thing. I'll have to find it first. But once I do I'll post.

Comment

• toolguy1000
                  Veteran Member
                  • Mar 2009
                  • westchester cnty, ny

Originally posted by BigguyZ
                  Sure thing. I'll have to find it first. But once I do I'll post.
                  a lost receipt is going to make registering any ridgid tools for their lifetime service agreement (LSA) difficult.
                  there's a solution to every problem.......you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

• codaman33
                    Forum Newbie
                    • Dec 2004
                    • Houston, TX, USA.

just struck out

Update in Houston. I just tried two different Home Depots here, and the best price that I could get the drill press for was $225 each. I was going to get one for me and one for my mom. So if anyone has any better luck, let me know.
                    Last edited by codaman33; 05-16-2011, 04:59 PM.

Comment

• bullethead1964
                      Forum Newbie
                      • Feb 2006
                      • texas
                      • Craftsman (Emerson era)

Here in Temple, TX, both BS and DP are only 10% off reg price
                      I said I want to touch the earth
                      I want to break it in my hands
                      I want to grow something wild and unruly

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid6255915

Comment

• Ozzie
                        Established Member
                        • Mar 2005
                        • Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA.

Some advice.

If your HD has the items in stock in the store, keep going to your store whenever you are in the area. When the store finally does lower the price you will be there to take advantage of it. It may take up to a year since each store moves independently on closeouts like these. I did just that to score on the DeWalt 735 Planer closeout that took place starting about two years ago. It took a whole year for the price to drop here in Milwaukee and I got mine because I was there at the right time.

HD here does not stock the band saw or drill press in the store anymore. Have to order on-line and there is no clearance price available. HD has also been known to have clearance prices on on-line, example; Worksharp 3000 unit, but that's another whole story.
                        Ozzie

Comment

Working...