• Show
Clear All
  • themachine
    Established Member
    • Jan 2006
    • Cincinnati, OH
    • BT3100, General Intl. 220

Milwaukee 5615-24 1.75-HP Multi-Base Router Kit $126

In case the monster Milwaukee router on sale elsewhere in this forum is too big for you, or you need a plunge router base, here is a good deal on the highly rated Milwaukee 1.75 horse router kit with both bases. At Amazon with free shipping. http://www.amazon.com/Milwaukee-5615...VJNF9BCM8WHCV2
  • Knottscott
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2004
    • Rochester, NY.
    • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

That's a good deal without the plunge base, and a steal with it included. Great router that runs very strong for a "1-3/4hp" router. Note that it's single speed though.
    Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• vaking
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 2005
      • Montclair, NJ, USA.
      • Ryobi BT3100-1

I would not put this router in a table even though fixed base has above the table adjustments. For table use variable speed and more power is important. But for handheld use this router should be great. I never use large bits in handheld router (1/2" round over is absolute maximum I would consider in my hands and even that is a stretch). For bits of that size 24000 rpm is fine, no need to slowdown the router and single speed is not a limitation for hand use. I would have jumped on this deal except I already have single speed Hitachi KM12SC for exactly same use.
      Alex V

Comment

• toolguy1000
        Veteran Member
        • Mar 2009
        • westchester cnty, ny

so-so deal. last year, lowes had a freud 2 1/4hp dual base router combo kit for $99, with free shipping. regular price was around $180.
        there's a solution to every problem.......you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

• Knottscott
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2004
          • Rochester, NY.
          • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Originally posted by toolguy1000
          so-so deal. last year, lowes had a freud 2 1/4hp dual base router combo kit for $99, with free shipping. regular price was around $180.
          Different animals. With the Body Grip feature and better plunger, the 5615 is a better hand router than the Freud IMO....not to mention the overall beefy construction, but the Freud is a very nice table router.
          Last edited by Knottscott; 07-01-2009, 09:06 PM.
          Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• pcombs
            Forum Newbie
            • Aug 2006

Also about a year and 1/2 ago sears had the professional line with the fixed base, variable base and d-style base all at $99 as shown here
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...