X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Holbren
    • Oct 2004
    • Heathrow, FL.

MS Cashback - Tell me if You Want Anything

If anybody wants anything I sell posted on Ebay, let me know. I've posted a bunch of Bryd heads and between the 10% BT3 discount and MS cashback, it's a good deal.
    Brian
    Holbren, Whiteside, LRH, Ridge, Tenryu, Norton
    "BT310" coupon code = 10% for forum members
    www.holbren.com
  • Knottscott
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2004
    • Rochester, NY.
    • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

I'm not in need of anything right now, but for those who don't know, that means you could buy a Ridge Carbide TS2000 or Tenryu Gold Medal or Amana Prestige blade for 40% off Brian's already great prices. Or how about an Oshlun Box Joint set for < $42 after BT310 discount and MS Cashback, or an Oshlun 6" dado set for < $45?
    Last edited by Knottscott; 10-18-2008, 10:27 PM.
    Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• Jamie Baalmann
      Forum Newbie
      • Oct 2007

Thx for the dj20 head Brian... I'll be using holbren/Brian again

Comment

• radhak
        Veteran Member
        • Apr 2006
        • Miramar, FL
        • Right Tilt 3HP Unisaw

how do i search for this on ebay?
        It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
        - Aristotle

Comment

• Knottscott
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2004
          • Rochester, NY.
          • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Originally posted by radhak
          You need to originate a search though Live.com that results in an Ebay hit that shows the "Live Search Cashback" symbol . The word "chisels" or "coins" works for me just about every time. It doesn't matter what you search for initially, as long as it results in a hit that has that symbol that links you to Ebay.

Then enter Ebay thru the link from your Live.com search. You should see the "Microsoft" Cashback banner at the top of the page. . Once you've got that banner, that session and the stated discount is valid for 60 minutes....after an hour you can repeat the process to refresh it. Now you can search Ebay for any item you want, but it must be listed as a "Buy It Now" item, and they must accept PayPal as payment, and you must pay using PP. You'll see the Cashback banner at every step of the checkout process right up to confirming the purchase, so you'll know what your saving. Note that the discount is subject to change without notice....it has and will change but you won't know when until after. 30% is as high as I've seen it. You're allowed up to 6 cashback transactions per Ebay account...each transaction has a cap of $200.

Once you make the Buy It Now purchase, you'll receive an email from the MS Cashback folks stating that you've earned Cashback. It'll provide a link to set up a "Live ID" account with Microsoft. Your cashback will be available after 60 days, at which time you'll get another email with a link where you can request your payment. It typically goes straight to your PayPal account but I've read where others requested a check. Your Cashback summary will look something like this:
          Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• Mark Smith
            Established Member
            • Aug 2007
            • Southwest CT

Originally posted by radhak
            If you mean for the item, search (advanced search) for seller: routerbitman and you will see all Brian's listings (only 1 left as of typing this).

Comment

• Jamie Baalmann
              Forum Newbie
              • Oct 2007

find the item you want on holbren.com then pm brian and he will post it on ebay for you

Comment

• Holbren
                • Oct 2004
                • Heathrow, FL.

I'll post anything I sell. Be careful when doing this tough because I bought something last night for the first time and it didn't work. I think my seller used a third party payment system, not sure.

I can't instruct on how to get the 30% but I was told to make sure the cash back symbol follows you around.

BTW, I'm leaving he country in 45 minutes so I know I owe some folks responses and I'll get to you when I get settled.

The gentleman wanting the chisels posted, send me a PM because it's on my home email and I can get it now. Forgot to do it before I left, sorry.
                Brian
                www.holbren.com

Comment

• herb fellows
                  Veteran Member
                  • Apr 2007
                  • New York City
                  • bt3100

Are you sure it's pm that he wants? I tried him twice today, no luck. I just tried through the website also. I'm hoping the 30% doesn't expire before we touch base.
                  You don't need a parachute to skydive, you only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Comment

• pecker
                    Established Member
                    • Jun 2003

Originally posted by herb fellows
                    Are you sure it's pm that he wants? I tried him twice today, no luck. I just tried through the website also. I'm hoping the 30% doesn't expire before we touch base.
                    I made a request through both PM and email, but haven't gotten a reply. That was about 8 hours ago.

Comment

• fishdude123
                      Forum Newbie
                      • Sep 2008

He must be busy, I sent an email through his web site yesterday and haven't seen anything either.

Comment

• fishdude123
                        Forum Newbie
                        • Sep 2008

Brian posted on another board that he saw there were a bunch of requests coming in but couldn't do anything right now as he was headed out of country. Didn't say where he was going on when he would be back though.
                        Hope he has a great trip and comes back SOON!

Comment

• herb fellows
                          Veteran Member
                          • Apr 2007
                          • New York City
                          • bt3100

Originally posted by fishdude123
                          Brian posted on another board that he saw there were a bunch of requests coming in but couldn't do anything right now as he was headed out of country. Didn't say where he was going on when he would be back though.
                          Hope he has a great trip and comes back SOON!
                          Thanks for that. Wonder why he didn't post it here? The post to contact him was on the 18th, I guess something sudden came up?
                          You don't need a parachute to skydive, you only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Comment

• herb fellows
                            Veteran Member
                            • Apr 2007
                            • New York City
                            • bt3100

Just got a short email from Brian:

I left the country. Se my post on BT3, I will get back to you.

Hope all is well.

Comment

• Holbren
                              • Oct 2004
                              • Heathrow, FL.

PM's have been replied to. Emails are next.
                              Brian
                              www.holbren.com

Comment

Working...