• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • phrog
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 2005
    • Chattanooga, TN, USA.

Hitachi Blades $15 at Lowes

Just returned from local Lowes and they have marked their 10" TK 72 tooth Hitachi table saw blades and 12" TK 60 tooth table saw blades down to $15. Anyone know anything about these blades?
    Richard
    Richard
  • Knottscott
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2004
    • Rochester, NY.
    • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

AFAIK they're actually made in Tenyru's China plant, but most use C2 carbide which isn't likely to hold an edge as long as some of the better blades. $15 is a good buy if you're in need of such a blade.
    Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• Sawatzky
      Established Member
      • Apr 2005
      • CA
      • Ridgid TS3650

I have the 72 tooth blade and it works well for me

Comment

• messmaker
        Veteran Member
        • May 2004
        • RICHMOND, KY, USA.
        • Ridgid 2424

Thanks. I just picked one up.
        spellling champion Lexington region 1982

Comment

• TomM
          Forum Newbie
          • May 2006
          • Houston, TX
          • Craftsman

A few years ago Lowe's had a 20% off sale on Hitachi blades, so I bought a 72 and a 40 tooth. They are made in France, and I've been very impressed with with them both. I've used the 40 tooth much more because I'd rather not change blades that often if I can get away with it. Even though it may be C2 carbide, I think it has outlasted the Freud Diablo I had before it. I'll have to check if the 40 tooth blade is also on sale since mine is about worn out. At $15 it's a steal!

Tom

Tom

Comment

• Knottscott
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2004
            • Rochester, NY.
            • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Originally posted by messmaker
            Thanks. I just picked one up.
            Mess, can you (or anyone) confirm where the new ones are made? TIA...
            Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• Red88chevy
              Established Member
              • Sep 2004
              • Midland, Texas.

Stopped by our Lowes and they were clearance tagged at $30, even had them scan it to make sure. Did look at the back and it said made in European Union. Surprised not to see an individual country.

Comment

• messmaker
                Veteran Member
                • May 2004
                • RICHMOND, KY, USA.
                • Ridgid 2424

Originally posted by Red88chevy
                Stopped by our Lowes and they were clearance tagged at $30, even had them scan it to make sure. Did look at the back and it said made in European Union. Surprised not to see an individual country.
                Mine said the same thing.
                spellling champion Lexington region 1982

Comment

• Knottscott
                  Veteran Member
                  • Dec 2004
                  • Rochester, NY.
                  • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Sounds like the info I had about Tenryu making them isn't accurate, unless it pertains to some other Hitachi blades. Thanks for checking...

Comment

• phrog
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jul 2005
                    • Chattanooga, TN, USA.

Sorry About That

Sorry about that. The $15 price must have been only at the Lowes closest to my home. I stopped at another Lowes about 15 miles away and they were marked $30.00 there. The reported Task Force 12" Miter Saw at $80 was marked $152 at my closest Lowes. Seems there is no uniformity in their pricing. Again, I'm sorry about any confusion.
                    Richard
                    Richard

Comment

• Red88chevy
                      Established Member
                      • Sep 2004
                      • Midland, Texas.

Richard,

Don't worry about it, my Lowe's rarely has the same deals the other ones do. I wouldn't even bother checking, but every once in awhile they surprise me and actually
                      have sale prices. Like you said, there is no uniformity in pricing. I just appreciate you letting us know you found a deal, without that, I would never know when to check.

Thanks,
                      Doug

Comment

• Schleeper
                        Established Member
                        • Feb 2008

I bought the 40T TK last year. It says European Union on the back of the blister pack, but etched into the face of the blade itself, it says it was made in France.
                        "I know it when I see it." (Justice Potter Stewart)

Comment

Working...