• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cheeky
    • Nov 2006
    • westchester cty, new york
    • Ridgid TS2400LS

Hitachi gen purp 10" blade $14.85

Hitachi blades are 25% off combined w/the Jungle's 20% off all blades. GO TO CHECKOUT TO SEE HUGE DISCOUNTS. choose free super saver shipping too.

http://www.amazon.com/Hitachi-310878...d_i=1000129341

here's the list for all Hitachi blades on sale

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...rd_i=328182011
    Last edited by Cheeky; 09-04-2007, 03:08 PM.
    Pete
  • cgallery
    Veteran Member
    • Sep 2004
    • Milwaukee, WI
    • BT3K

I'm getting $36.09 for that first blade, and nothing lower when I add it to my shopping cart?

Comment

• Cheeky
      • Nov 2006
      • westchester cty, new york
      • Ridgid TS2400LS

Originally posted by cgallery
      I'm getting $36.09 for that first blade, and nothing lower when I add it to my shopping cart?
      go to the checkout
      Pete

Comment

• gatordogs2
        Forum Newbie
        • Aug 2007
        • So.Florida
        • 22114 soon

Is this blade worth it for $11?
        What if there is no tomorrow?....there wasn't one today!

-Barry

Comment

• Knottscott
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2004
          • Rochester, NY.
          • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Originally posted by gatordogs2
          Is this blade worth it for $11?
          Probably OK as a good backup caliber blade at that price, but isn't likely to stack up well compared to the better blades like Forrest, Ridge Carbide, Infinity, Freud Industrial series, or maybe even the DeWalt PT series in longevity, versatility, cut quality, or feedrate. The Hitachi's are reasonably well made, but I believe they're C2 carbide which won't hold up too long...the carbide is fairly small too so you won't get many resharpenings. Guess it depends on what you want to do with it.

There are some great bargains for well under $50....Freud LU86R010 is ~ $28 right now. The LU88R010 is ~ $36, the LU87 is ~ $28...I'd rather see you spend $60 for the LU88 and LU87 and have two great blades to cover just about anything you'll want to do. The DW PT series gets heavily discounted sometimes. Blades aren't a good area to cheap out on, but you don't need to spend a $100 per either.

Just my humble opinion.
          Last edited by Knottscott; 09-04-2007, 04:23 PM.
          Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• Sawatzky
            Established Member
            • Apr 2005
            • CA
            • Ridgid TS3650

I have the Hitachi 40 thooth GP blade and it works great. Good cuts. I don't think I would pay full price for it though. I was able to get it on Amazon a while back for $15.00.

Comment

• LinuxRandal
              Veteran Member
              • Feb 2005
              • Independence, MO, USA.
              • bt3100

Thanks for this. I picked up two 10" non ferrous metal blades for some extrusion projects, for $12 each, verses the $70+ that I found locally.
              She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• gatordogs2
                Forum Newbie
                • Aug 2007
                • So.Florida
                • 22114 soon

They must of raised their price to $36.09, now at checkout it cost $19.85 with the 2 discounts. What initial price did it say when you bought it?
                What if there is no tomorrow?....there wasn't one today!

-Barry

Comment

• LinuxRandal
                  Veteran Member
                  • Feb 2005
                  • Independence, MO, USA.
                  • bt3100

Originally posted by gatordogs2
                  They must of raised their price to $36.09, now at checkout it cost $19.85 with the 2 discounts. What initial price did it say when you bought it?

They did, I checked this morning (as I almost waited to pull the trigger). Yesterday they were $21.83.

At your price, they are still a bargain considering my local prices.
                  She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

Working...