This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • martyl

bt3100 at HD for 215 + tax

My bt3000 ate its belts....debating whether to try and fix it, buy something with an induction motor, or get a bt3100...

With the gift card, the price in rochester was 249 - 35 + tax ( web price is 299).
    That kinda solves the problem for now -- haven't assembled it yet -- but I had a
    number of extra parts for my bt3000....so I'll kind of see what parts I want to use (I'll definitely take the old stand).

Wasn't the stand an extra cost item on the bt3000?

BTW, my blade is made in China, the blade on the demo they had was from Italy...not sure I'll make a stink out of it...

Not sure what I'll do with all this hardware -- I'll guess when I want to I'll see if I can fix up the bt3000 (I haven't done woodworking in 5 years, I was about to get back into it, I just bought a dust collector, fired up the bt3000 and it ate its belts...)

marty
  • venkatbo
    Established Member
    • Jan 2006
    • Cupertino, CA, USA.

Minor correction :-)

Its 249 + tax_on_249 - 35... Not the same, especially in places like CA that have an 8.25% tax :-)

/venkat

Comment

• AZ Tom
      Forum Newbie
      • Sep 2005
      • Murrieta, CA, USA.
      • Ryobi BT3000

With all of the discussion regarding the BT3100 going away, I did the same thing last night. I currently have a BT3000 that I bought used on ebay, which is the PERFECT saw for my needs. I can't imagine ever moving up to a bigger saw, plus I have a bit of an investment in this saw, that I possibly could not use with another brand or model, mobile base, wide table kit, Shark Guard, etc. Even though my BT3000 is working fine today, if the motor were to go out, and no new BT3100's available, it could cost a couple of hundred dollars for a new motor. So I bought a new BT3100 at my local Home Depot in Murrieta, CA. Final cost was $268.30 ($249.00 + $19.30 tax) and it is eligible for the $35.00 gift card promo. As of last night, this store still had 8 units left in stock. This leaves me with an extra accessory table, set of rails, fence, SMT, stand, etc, which I could sell to recoup a piece of the cost. I have not yet decided on which parts to keep.

Comment

• Knottscott
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2004
        • Rochester, NY.
        • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Hi Marty, I'd definitely inquire about swapping out the Italian Freud made blade. I'll bet they hand it right over if you just explain that the blade with your new saw isn't the same as what you expected based on the demo unit.
        Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• lkazista
          Established Member
          • Jan 2004
          • Nazareth, PA, USA.

Originally posted by Dustmight
          Hi Marty, I'd definitely inquire about swapping out the Italian Freud made blade. I'll bet they hand it right over if you just explain that the blade with your new saw isn't the same as what you expected based on the demo unit.
          Absoultly do that!

Comment

• boxman

HD Sale

I recently purchased a bt3100 at HD for $249.99...how did you get the additional $35 off? Is there a rebate somewhere?

Comment

• Stormbringer
              Veteran Member
              • Feb 2005
              • Floral Park, NY
              • Bosch 4000

Originally posted by boxman
              I recently purchased a bt3100 at HD for $249.99...how did you get the additional $35 off? Is there a rebate somewhere?
              Current promo. Spend a certain amount, get a gift card via rebate.

Comment

• AZ Tom
                Forum Newbie
                • Sep 2005
                • Murrieta, CA, USA.
                • Ryobi BT3000

Boxman, Coupon looks like this..note the coupon specifically states that this promo does NOT apply to clearance items. Before I made my purchase, I asked if the BT3100 at $249.00 was eligible for the $35.00 card, and was told YES... I'm keeping my fingers crossed....

Tom
                Last edited by AZ Tom; 07-24-2006, 03:55 PM.

Comment

• LCHIEN
                  Internet Fact Checker
                  • Dec 2002
                  • Katy, TX, USA.
                  • BT3000 vintage 1999

In answer to the question about the BT3000 stand, early on the stand was optional but they soon came out with the BT3000SX which included the stand, and soon thereafter the stand version was all you could get.
                  Not sure about the pricing, early BT3000s were priced at 599, don't really know the whole price history.
                  Loring in Katy, TX USA
                  If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
                  BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• KomaToast
                    Established Member
                    • Aug 2003
                    • Fort Worth, Texas, USA.

The Gift Card Form

Here's the Gift Card Form in PDF format from the HD website.
                    It's still good for purchases through 5-3-06.

http://BT3000.com/Home-Depot-Power-Tool-Deal.pdf

I wish they would use a more printer friendly form.
                    That one uses a lot of ink.

Keith
                    http://BT3000.com

http://TinyURL.com/Chene

Comment

Working...