• Show
Clear All
  • Knottscott
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2004
    • Rochester, NY.
    • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Need advice on an Ipod docking station

We'd like to get my daughter an inexpensive docking station for her Apple 8G Nano Ipod. Anything exist in the $50 range that will fit and that works at a minimum as a charger and amplified speakers?

TIA!
    Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.
  • crokett
    The Full Monte
    • Jan 2003
    • Mebane, NC, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000

This one is over on newegg.com

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16855998481

I checked a few other sites and most of the docking stations have outputs for your stereo system and not built in speakers.
    David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

• radhak
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 2006
      • Miramar, FL
      • Right Tilt 3HP Unisaw

Last year, just before Christmas ToysRUs had a sale where I picked up a nice small unit for $29. I think the regular price for it was $59.

It's a radio/i-pod-charger/speaker combo. It works as sweet as any I have seen. I don't remember the brand right now, can update you once I reach home.
      It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
      - Aristotle

Comment

• Cheeky
        • Nov 2006
        • westchester cty, new york
        • Ridgid TS2400LS

here's 1 from buy.com

Kensington SX3000R Speakers with FM Radio for iPod $48.99 after Rebate, but b4 google checkout or 5% off.

still $100 and over at Amazon, Circuit City, etc after rebate.

you can either use their 5% off coupon link or the Google Checkout option, which will save you $10 off your purchase (only if you've never used it before. or you can register another email addy to get another one)
        Last edited by Cheeky; 12-10-2007, 03:39 PM.
        Pete

Comment

• Knottscott
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2004
          • Rochester, NY.
          • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Thank you!
          Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

Working...