• Show
Clear All
  • Papa
    Established Member
    • Feb 2006
    • Williamsburg, VA
    • Ryobi BT3000

Delta Unifence

Went to a Delta/Dewalt/Porter Cable tool demo in Norfolk last night. While demonstrating the Unifence on a Delta hybred saw, The Delta guy pulled out the extruded aluminum fence and reinstalled it at 90 degrees to the usual position. This left a face about 3/4 inches high and 3 inches wide parallel to the blade. It reminded me at once of Rod Kirby's fence modification for cutting narrow strips--the low rip surface will fit under the blade guard so that the guard doesn't have to be removed for the narrow cut. When the demo guy asked what the feature was for, I was the only one in the group that could identify the narrow strip function. In fact, the guy said that I was the first person in all their U.S. audiences to have the right answer.

Guess there's a lot of people out there who don't have access to the woodworking wisdom available on this website.

Papa
  • cabinetman
    Gone but not Forgotten RIP
    • Jun 2006
    • So. Florida
    • Delta

Papa

I've used both the Unifence and the Biesemeyer, and it's difficult to say which is better. I like the versitility of the Unifence, and the positioning foot. It seems to slide better. The Biesemeyer just feels like an old friend, slightly lighter. Both give incredible accuracy. We are lucky to have this wide knowledge base.

"I'M NEVER WRONG - BUT I'M NOT ALWAYS RIGHT"

Comment

Working...